SIA Philadelphia Car Barn Tour:
8th & Dauphin Shops and Headquarters
Dauphin horse car barn was built
in 1872 on the block bounded by
8th Street, 9th Street, Susquehanna Avenue and Dauphin Street.
First the Germantown Passenger Railway Company, then Peoples Traction Company,
then Philadelphia Rapid Transit Co. (PRT) and finally Philadelphia Transportation
used this complex as their main offices and trolley car shops.
In the late 1950s the PTC moved its offices from here to a new building at 2nd
June 8, 2007, Mike Szilagyi photo
Click on these
images for larger views.
Return to the SIA Car Barn Tour Index page.
Return to Philadelphia Trolley
Tracks main page.